This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Mrs. Evans' Classroom Wish List:
-Dry Erase Markers
-Disinfectant Wipes/Baby Wipes
-Colored Copy Paper Construction Paper
-Hard Candy (Individually Wrapped)
-Scotch Laminating Pouches
-Clear Sheet Protectors
-Extra #2 Pencils
-Hot Glue Sticks (all purpose - thick)
-Paper Cups Brown Paper Bags
...Anything you think a teacher might need!
Parents and Guardians: It is important that your student has as much experience as possible with TECHNOLOGY. Our school district is moving towards complete online testing and digital blended learning, which incorporates different ways to use technology in our every day classroom setting. Therefore, any chance your child gets, at home, to spend time on the computer typing or researching educational websites, please allow him/her to do so. There are websites that you can use to have your child practice his/her typing skills. Please, let your child practice using technology at home. Below are some websites that you can use:
Tips to help your student at home:
1. Read with your child, every night. This builds reading fluency, comprehension, and vocabulary skills.
2. Ask your child questions about the text/story while you read to build better reading comprehension.
3. Encourage your child to be a creative writer! Plant ideas to have him/her write a story or play, to write in a journal, or any other way that will get your child writing every day!
4. Always check your child's agenda, each night, for homework assignments and other information.
Important things to expect in Third Grade:
- To become a more complex reader and writer
- To work well in groups and cooperate with classmates
- To be respectful, helpful, and kind to classmates and teachers
- To become a more independent learner
- To take on more responsibility as a student
- To actively participate in all lessons and discussions
- To complete and turn in all daily classwork and homework assignments
- To always try your best and work hard
- To ask questions when you do not understand something
- To follow all school and classroom rules
- To learn new information that will help you grow as a student
- To SMILE and HAVE FUN!
CMCSS Third Grade Supply List:
O 3 dozen #2 yellow pencils (no mechanical pencils)
O 1 pair scissors
O 6 glue sticks
O 1 (4 oz.) bottle liquid glue
O 1 box 24 count crayons
O 1 large box tissues
O 1 bottle hand sanitizer
O 5 plastic 3-prong pocket folders
O 1 package baby or anti-bacterial wipes
O 1 package of four dry erase markers
O 1 plastic inch/centimeter ruler
O 5 packages wide rule loose leaf paper
O 1 wide rule hardbound composition notebook
O 1 wide rule spiral composition notebook
O 2 yellow highlighters
O 1 box colored pencils
O 1 zipper pencil pouch
***EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES: This is not required, but we work on the computers every day and often need headphones.
Enjoy these inspiring words of wisdom from, the one and only, Kid President:
"I want to be on the road that leads to AWESOME!"
"Create something that will make the world AWESOME!"
"We are on the same team."
"We can make every day better for each other."
Watch his Pep Talk to Teachers and Students using the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwlhUcSGqgs
Dr. Seuss Quotes:
Dr. Seuss is known for writing very inspiring words. Please, take a moment to peruse through this website to read some encouraging words from the famous Dr. Seuss! http://brightdrops.com/dr-seuss-quotes
- Be Respectful.
- Be Responsible.
- Always Do Your Best.
- Smile and Have Fun!